Head here to read more about a “day in the life” of a CCA!
We asked current CCAs, and here’s what they believe are the biggest benefits of serving as a CCA:
- LOTS of time with students!
- Experience supporting the college application/FAFSA process
- Access to school counselors
- Ability to support teachers in the classroom
- Get firsthand experience in how a school works, and access to all of the people inside
- Get connected to other AmeriCorps volunteers and partner organizations
- Professional development catered to what YOUR cohort needs
- The Promise Corps culture
- It’s rewarding to work directly with students and being able to see the result
- Lots of opportunities to support students with resume writing and interview preparation
- Tutoring experience
- The chance to improve presentation, communication, and event planning skills
- Lots of room to build on your specialized skills (one CCA helped build the school website!)
This position is part of the AmeriCorps service program. As an AmeriCorps member, you will serve your community through YPI’s Promise Corps and receive a modest, living allowance of at least $6,000 for serving a half term of service, ($598.00 bi-weekly) as well as health benefits and personal days. Childcare assistance is available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify. Members may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans.
Additionally, at the successful completion of your service term, AmeriCorps Members are eligible for an education award of approximately $3,047.50 to be used for college, trade school, or other educational expenses, including qualified federal loans. For more information, please visit www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps.