Are you interested in joining Promise Corps?! Our application for the 2019-2020 cohort is now LIVE! See below for the description of service and CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Year of Service
Promise Corps College and Career Coaches (CCCs) will be placed in one of four high schools in Philadelphia’s Promise Zone. CCCs work with high school students and their families to ensure that they graduate from high school with strong skill sets and a clear plan for the year after graduation. Throughout the school year, CCCs provide students with workshops and 1:1 mentoring sessions that outline a variety of post-secondary options, and then work with students to develop a strategy that meets their individual goals.
Among many other services, CCCs provide the following:
- Small group and individual advising on post-secondary options
- Academic support
- Continual development of Individual Student Success Plans that outline students’ goals, timeline, and steps to achieve post-secondary plan
- Workshops highlighting college and universities, career development, military, national service, apprenticeships and internships
- Events and guest speakers for further post-secondary exploration
- Collaboration with school teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors to best support students in and out of the classroom