Are you interested in joining Promise Corps? We are recruiting another round of motivated College and Career Ambassadors to join our team for the remainder of the school year! New members will serve a half-year term from December 17, 2018 until May 15, 2019. Check out a description of our open position below and click the link to apply!
Promise Corps College and Career Ambassadors (CCAs) will be placed in one of four high schools in Philadelphia’s Promise Zone. CCAs work with high school students and their families to ensure that they graduate from high school with strong skill sets and a clear plan for the year after graduation. Throughout the school year, CCAs provide students with workshops and 1:1 mentoring sessions that outline a variety of post-secondary options, and then work with students to develop a strategy that meets their individual goals. Among many other services, CCAs provide the following:
- Small group and individual advising on post-secondary options
- Academic support
- Continual development of Individual Student Success Plans that outline students’ goals, timeline, and steps to achieve post-secondary plan
- Workshops highlighting college and universities, career development, military, national service, apprenticeships and internships
- Events and guest speakers for further post-secondary exploration
- Collaboration with school teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors to best support students in and out of the classroom